This week might seem a little scant for the dev update, but that’s because most of the work we have been doing is still contained to commits on remote or local branches. For example, the Session team is about to publish a refactor of the Session iOS sending and receiving pipeline, and work on the same refactor is progressing quickly on Android. Additionally, the Session desktop team is also about to publish the React refactored desktop application. The Loki Core team is finishing the final parts of Ledger integration, specifically focusing on staking and submitting LNS transactions from a Ledger device.
- Service Node time synchronization fixes https://github.com/loki-project/loki-core/pull/1367
- Generate transaction for staking unlock https://github.com/loki-project/loki-core/pull/1364
- Ledger support for SN registration, staking, and unlocking from a Ledger device https://github.com/loki-project/loki-core/pull/1195, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-ledger-app/commits/dev
- Ledger support for LNS transactions
What went on last week with Lokinet: Little PR news to report this week as Lokinet’s lead developer (Jeff) has been taking a much-needed, long-overdue vacation. We have some preliminary Android work ongoing (no PR yet), and generally are pretty excited with how the 0.8.2 release is performing and being received. We’ve also been having some ongoing discussions about the feasibility of developing and distributing small “plug and play” Lokinet routers that would make Lokinet SNApp and exit support simple, even on devices where Lokinet isn’t available.
We’re spending some time this week on Lokinet rebranding: much as “Session” has its unique identity beyond the Loki blockchain, Lokinet’s rebrand aims to accomplish the same (no, it won’t be called “Oxennet”). If you have been holding onto a killer replacement name idea, now’s the time to send it in!
- Full list of commits can be found here https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/commits/dev
- Primarily, the team has been focusing on the Session iOS refactor, which is slated to go live this week.
- Session Android is now undergoing the same sending and receiving pipeline refactor, the majority of the work can be found in this branch https://github.com/RyanRory/loki-messenger-android/commits/refactor
- Session desktop React refactor is nearing completion, with a release slated for this week. https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/1381