This is the v0.17.2.3 point release of the Monero software. This release contains a decoy selection bug fix that improves privacy.
Some highlights of this point release are:
- Apply gamma distribution from chain tip when selecting decoys (#7822)
- Protect wallet from divide by 0 caused by integer truncation (#7846)
- Ledger: speed up wallet generation, sync, and subaddress generation (#7744, #7745, #7788)
- Fix optimize-coinbase for p2pool payouts (#7894)
- Provide key images of spent outputs in wallet rpc (#7839)
- Support freeze, thaw, and frozen in wallet rpc (#7838)
- Remove blocked addresses/hosts from peerlist (#7810)
- Stop adding more outputs than bulletproof allows, split transaction (#7825)
- Set correct Ledger minimum version (#7789)
- Fix crash with Trezor passphrase entered on computer (#7781)
- Update randomx to v1.1.9 (#7734)
- Fix boost 1.76.0 compatibility (#7736)
- Fix rescan_bc keep_ki option (#7680)
- Minor bug fixes
Contributors for this Release
This release was the direct result of 16 people who worked, largely unpaid and altruistically, to put out 87 commits containing 838 new lines of code. We'd like to thank them very much for their time and effort. In no particular order they are:
The new binaries can be downloaded from the Downloads page or from the direct links below.
- Windows, 64-bit
- Windows, 32-bit
- macOS, 64-bit
- Linux, 64-bit
- Linux, 32-bit
- Linux, armv7
- Linux, armv8
- Android, armv7
- Android, armv8
- FreeBSD, 64-bit
If you would like to verify that you have downloaded the correct file, please use the following SHA256 hashes:
monero-win-x64-v0.17.2.3.zip, ba3f4ec7429aacf3e712bdf21d1ceb800eb94e1e376be8b2360a01d88bb862be monero-win-x86-v0.17.2.3.zip, 460ac8722d713022c13970d96f9098eb04b5ca4f59cc9dc929cc2dd590045a1e monero-mac-x64-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, e479668f37a623691c75a9e4ec04f69af8fae0faaae5790760eb758f3955b1f7 monero-linux-x64-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, 8069012ad5e7b35f79e35e6ca71c2424efc54b61f6f93238b182981ba83f2311 monero-linux-x86-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, a93788591bd56753369a3f3171fbefb09387758c1e3a219e9265473031f0a35d monero-linux-armv8-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, bbff804dc6fe7d54895ae073f0abfc45ed8819d0585fe00e32080ed2268dc250 monero-linux-armv7-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, 9100704b7d98d7bffbf7f72804c0c048f5e60f1dc9f6d4830c633dda3687c419 monero-android-armv8-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, 20c32e90c7486bd1fb6948ebb8ee4802be26c902f96b12958429c8aa1c6579b5 monero-android-armv7-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, 62f6172e3ebdc1266d5d882b8be4507cb3c8270b92ea6f06330077f6ef4f43e8 monero-freebsd-x64-v0.17.2.3.tar.bz2, 6a2d7ae4303d4eca4fd6df3b230f4624ffa743629e85ad1b0c862326395ca93e
A GPG-signed list of the hashes is at https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/hashes.txt and should be treated as canonical, with the signature checked against the appropriate GPG key in the source code (in /utils/gpg_keys). To ensure that the files you download are those originally posted by the maintainers, you should both check that the hashes of your files match those on the signed list, and that the signature on the list is valid.
Two guides are available to guide you through the verification process: Verify binaries on Windows (beginner) and Verify binaries on Linux, Mac, or Windows command line (advanced).