AMD R9 290 Sapphire

Go to solution Solved by Snider,

Question

Just got this card, and want to setup on xmr-stak with W10k, it is still in the contig section, and the screen keeps blanking out.

Thought I heard it could take up to 30 minutes to fully setup the card, is that true.?

5 answers to this question

the miner or the OS? installing the drivers onto the OS can take a stupidly long time and the screen would keep flickering off... if its the miner that shouldn't happen.

(will edit my answer once I get the follow up info)

Snider - HashVault Support

Helpful Links: Official Android Monitoring App | Discord Server | Configure XMRig | Configure Proxy

This was no mods to the card or the miner.

Once i reset the install, it worked for a while then stopped. so I am having problems with mining xmr on hiveos.

Same cards on Turtle coin that I use on monero, the turtle mines fine. The xmr does not I get the following in the hiveos agent screen

Sat May  5 22:15:26 EDT 2018
Failed to read xmr-stak from localhost:60045
Hashrate xmr-stak 0 kH/s
{"method":"stats","jsonrpc":"2.0","id":0,"params":{"rig_id":"xxxx","passwd":"xxxx","miner":"xmr-stak","miner_stats":null,"total_khs":"0","temp":["0","42","45","39"],"fan":["0","20","32","68"],"power":["0","","","46"],"df":"2.1G","cpuavg":[0.01,0.16,0.09]}}

Now it never see's the cards.  2 x R9 390 and 1 x RX580.

If I cannot get this fixed, then I will have to drop monero on hiveos