HHH

Monero pool - something wrong

Can you give some more details on your issue? The web UI is working fine for me, stats are updating, and my miner is able to submit shares all perfectly fine.

What exact issue are you having?

• Like 1

There was a period of about 6 hours without any blocks found. Normally, we find about a block each hour so such a hit rate is improbable enough to warrant a check that things are working.

https://monero.hashvault.pro/en/#!/blocks

Set rows per page to maximum (50), and you can see that average effort is 99.8% - which is 0.2% better than "expected".

Luck is something that you have to think about, when it comes to mining. Effort will average out to 100% over long period. But in the short term, we can find blocks with (for example) 1%, or 500%. It is not unusual, you have to take it into account.

Don't forget to join our forum at hashvault.pro and join our Discord Server here.

Yes, I know all about that but 6 hours is abnormal for this Monero pool. I just thought it would be worth a check.
We also have all the recent attacks on the Cryptonight projects in fresh memory. Even Bitcoin Gold got attacked just now.

I guess that you are reffering to block 2207. It had 406% effort. Again, not unusual, even big pools can and will have bad luck and high effort on some blocks. Notice block after and block before - the average of just these 3 blocks (including our bad luck one) is only 157.88%. 

But yes, this can raise concerns, if the pool is working 100%. We are monitoring our traffic carefully, and there weren't any attacks on our monero pool recently. We have numbers of automatic protection systems, which are triggered by possible incoming attacks, and can handle issues.

As long as the average is around 100%, you can be sure everything is okay. At least you are getting paid as expected, which is at the end the most important thing for you, and for us, which we are trying to achieve.

Don't forget to join our forum at hashvault.pro and join our Discord Server here.

We will be implementing a place that will show a health check of the various aspects of the system, should answer that "is this bad luck, or am I mining into a void" question, don't have an ETA on that other than, soon :)

• Thanks 1

Snider - HashVault Support

Helpful Links: Official Android Monitoring App | Discord Server | Configure XMRig | Configure Proxy

lol - Are you sure there is not something wrong with the pool ?

lol - I just wrote that to make the blocks show up :)
It worked !

Keep that magic spirit for later use :D